Saturday 31 December 2005

Expiry date: 6th Jan 2006?

It’s the time of year when we all like to take stock. My husband hates the idea of New Year’s Resolutions with a passion. Not that I think he disagrees with the idea of improving oneself, or setting goals. It is the idea that most resolutions are abandoned by 6th January that bothers him, the half-heartedness of it all.

Anyway, I like to think about what I would like to achieve and set some goals now and then, and 1st January is as good a day as any. So here are some of my goals for 2006:

To sell a second book.
To finish the above book (still stuck in Chapter Four).
To eat more healthily, do more exercise and generally reduce my acreage.
To harness my over-active imagination for writing alone and, therefore, stop making mountain ranges out of minor mole hills. (I hear my husband applauding loudly at this one).
To clean my oven.
To read the Bible in one year.
And last, but not least, learn to touch-type properly.

I'll let you know how many have fallen off the bottom of the list next week.

No comments: