Monday 23 April 2007

Finally!

It’s almost time to give my trophy back. Last May I received the RNA’s Joan Hessayon New Writers’ Award for my first book, Blind-Date Marriage. As well as the huge confidence boost and the prize money, I got to keep a lovely little silver trophy for the year. And finally I have somewhere nice to display it! A couple of days ago, we had a fireplace put in and now I have a mantelpiece! Look!



The trophy looks a bit titchy, but I don’t care. It’ll have a place of honour for the next few days until I have to package it up and send it back to the RNA in preparation for the next recipient.

For a list of contenders, check
here.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

So sorry you have to return the lovely trophy just when you've got somewhere to put it. :(

I'm very excited about winning your contest. I emailed you my address.

Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Looks fab......what a night that was. Sorry i won't be there to see you hand it on :-( See you tomorrow!

Judy Jarvie said...

Fiona, I love your fireplace. It's exactly the kind I'd like. And when the trophy's gone away you can always remember how it looked so good there! jx