Saturday 19 November 2011

One of the best bits

One of the best bits of my job is getting to research and/or visit interesting places.  My next book is going to be set in a stately home, so today I visited Leeds Castle (near Maidstone in Kent) for some inspiration.  I'm not going to say much more, but just let the pics I took of this fairytale castle do the talking:

Leeds Castle

The bridge to the castle island

The Queen's bedchamber

Little courtyard in the centre of the castle




The library (I want!)

The castle from the lawn on the island

From the centre of the maze

The castle on its island

Sigh.  What more can I say?


3 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

Sooo pretty. I want one ;-)

The Pocketeers said...

Luuuurve Leeds Castle. Very atmospheric. Have you been to Ightham Mote, much smaller but also has that mystical element of water all around it making it very special.

Fiona Harper said...

I have been to Igtham, but not for a long time, and not since they opened up the house. I feel another road trip coming on... ;-)