Wednesday 19 December 2007

Hallelujah!

I’ve finished! And what a marathon it was.

The word limit for Romance is 50,000–55,000 words. This one weighs in just short of 59,000. That means I’ve written about 33,000 words in 14 days! That’s 6000 words today alone and more than 10,000 in the last two days. You may picture me slumped on my desk, whimpering.
And now, within an hour of finishing, the cold that has been tickling my nose for a few days has decided to arrive properly. I may just give up and go to bed. But not for long – I expect revisions will be back on Friday and I have the next two weeks to tidy it up!


The upside is that the title for this book looks as if it's going to be "Christmas Wishes, Mistletoe Kisses". How adorable is that?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the title. Hope you are feeling better. x

Jessica Raymond said...

Well done, Fiona! You definitely deserve a relaxing Christmas. The title is lovely, and aren't Mistletoe Kisses a type of chocolate??

Jess x

Fiona Harper said...

Jess, that is a very good reason to sample more of those delicious choccies. I have to eat them, for research purposes...

Jessica Raymond said...

Naturally!!

Unknown said...

Fiona-- serious congratulations! Hope the cold isn't severe enough to stop you celebrating in good style.

And that title is FAB!

Unknown said...

Happy Christmas :-)