Thursday 16 July 2009

RWA Conference 1 - Tuesday

It’s amazing how much you can cram into a few short days. This is the first time I’ve had a moment to blog about the RWA conference – partly down to the fact that the Wifi in the hotel lobby is a little patchy.

I arrived on Tuesday afternoon and immediately ran into my fellow Romance author, Donna Alward, in the lobby. Suddenly, even after the really long flight, the adrenaline was flowing and I was bouncing all over the place. I checked in and dropped my luggage off. My room is huge. Mahoosive.

The evening was spent having dinner at the hotel pub with Donna and Harlequin Presents/Modern Romance author Jennie Lucas. Much fun was to be had, mostly down to a Lemondrop cocktail that Jennie started and Donna finished. It was really nice to sit outside in the warm evening air and catch up on news, laugh an immense amount and strengthen friendships.

4 comments:

Liz Fielding said...

Lovely to see pics of Jenny and Donna. Jenny was so lovely to me at my last RWA conference!

Glad you're having such a terrific time. Holding my breath for everyone on Saturday night.

Donna Alward said...

Yes and was that pic taken Pre or Post Lemondrop????

It was the best way possible to kick it off!

Fiona Harper said...

I think it was *mid* Lemondrop!

Wasp Nest Removal Eau Claire said...

Thanks for a great read