Monday 28 May 2012

Almost there...

I wrote the final scene of my current book (working title: The Valentine's Trap, part of a duet I'm doing with Nikki Logan) this morning.

Hard at work at my local Waitrose!
I had the scene all planned out, but I couldn't get my head in the right place to put it down on paper. So what did I do? I went shopping. No, not shoe shopping - grocery shopping. Writing in cafes is my trick when I can't seem to settle to write at home. Nothing to distract me there, especially if I take pen and paper and don't have internet access.

I can also then feel virtuous that I've crossed another chore off my list. Also, I use the hand held scanner to zap my shopping and leave my trolley outside the cafe while I buy a coffee and write. I know I don't have long before the chiller stuff in my cool bag starts to get warm, so I can't dally. And there we had it. 1200 words written in just under and hour and I left my hero and heroine arguing about who proposed to whom...


No comments: