Friday 27 January 2006

Been tagged!

I was tagged by Liz Fielding and Trish Wylie in a game of sevens:

Seven things I cannot do:
Tango.
Talk without moving my hands.
Stay dry-eyed watching films/TV.
Stay dry-eyed reading books.
Touch a slug.
Resist champagne.
Do anything respectable with fondant icing and a cake.

Seven things to do before I die:
Learn to tango.
See the pyramids.
Write a lot more books.
See my children fulfil their dreams.
Get my husband to finish decorating the bathroom (started 1999).
Visit the Italian Lakes again.
Learn to swan round the kitchen looking effortlessly sexy while producing mouth-watering food a la Nigella Lawson.

Seven things that attract me to men:
Integrity.
Long legs.
A great smile.
A great mind.
Creativity.
Sense of humour.
Being able to put up with yours truly.

Seven things I say most often:
I love you.
Bizarre!
That chair has four legs!
It’s driving me nuts!
Where did I put my keys?
“….” i.e. absolutely nothing. This often happens halfway through a sentence as I drift off into Fiona-world. Drives my husband nuts.
“No” (nominated by my oldest daughter).

Seven books or series that I love:
Tender as the Night – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
I Capture the Castle – Dodie Smith
Anne of Green Gables Series
Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen (I know it’s on everybody’s list, but I really do love it!)
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (much better than the film.)
High Fidelity – Nick Hornby

Seven movies I can watch over and over:
Serendipity
Strictly Ballroom
Moulin Rouge
The Mummy (don’t ask me why, I just can!)
The Breakfast Club
French Kiss
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Incredibly cheesy teenage dance flick starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt. So bad it’s good).

Now I just have to tag someone else...Let's see - who hasn't already been tagged?

Crumbs! It seems everyone in the world has done it already! Give me a moment or two...

2 comments:

Ally Blake said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ally Blake said...

Fiona, great list of films! "The Mummy" is a totally easy film to watch again and again. Action, adventure, romance, humour, a hot hero, a feisty heroine, and the gorgeous Oded Fehr as the heavenly, tattooed, horseman Ardeth Bay - gorgeous stuff!

I loooove "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". Don't forget Shannon Doherty is the hero's little sister as well!

I had a movie jag a few weeks ago and watche one after the other: "Sixteen Candles", "The Breakfast Club," "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", "Pretty In Pink" and "Footloose" and I think I must have cried at the end of every one!

Were we born for this job, or what?