Wednesday 21 September 2011

Brixton Library Workshop pics


I know I've been posting my New Voices workshop notes, but I haven't said much about the workshop itself. I had a fabulous time. The librarian was warm and welcoming, and everyone who came was bursting with questions and enthusiasm. I could have wittered on all night - but, fortunately, somebody stopped me.


Aside from being a great opportunity to mention New Voices, it was also good to support a local(ish) library. Many libraries are facing funding cuts or closure, and having events like this (and the workshop was booked out weeks before the date) shows just how much they do for the local community. So, get down to Brixton library if you can (next to the Roxy), or your local library, and grab a few good books!

Thanks to Caroline, librarian at Brixton library, for the pics!

No comments: